As hemp cannabinoids continue to grow more popular with the general public, people want to know more and more about them. There’s plenty of information out there available on CBD, being that it’s become something of a household name. But what might not be so familiar is CBG – the parent hemp cannabinoid that offers just as many benefits* (maybe even a few more diverse ones) that CBD does.
ALL ABOUT CBG
What is CBG? That’s the question everyone is asking. Well, we’ve got the answer right here.
Just like CBD, CBN, and THC, CBG – which stands for cannabigerol – is a cannabinoid naturally produced by the hemp plant, found in hemp oil. It’s called the ‘parent cannabinoid’ because every cannabinoid starts out as CBG. From there, they convert to other cannabinoids, but they all begin in the same place. Sort of like all humans begin as phenotypically female in utero (just a little leafier)!
THE POSITIVE EFFECTS OF CBG.
Along with being an all-encompassing and impressive cannabinoid, CBG also comes with a slew of benefits*. These benefits* include:
Reducing the inflammation known to coincide with inflammatory bowel disease*
Improving glaucoma treatment*
- Researchers have studied CBG’s effectiveness on glaucoma, giving credit to the way CBG reduces intraocular pressure of the eye.
Helping bladder dysfunctions*
- CBG is one of the handful of cannabinoids that affects the contractions of the bladder.
Improving treatment of Huntington’s Disease*
- CBG may have neuroprotective properties, meaning it might be capable of protecting nerve cells from damage and degeneration. Because of this neuroprotection, CBG may prevent Huntington’s and other neurodegenerative conditions, or improve treatment surrounding them.
- CBG is especially good at killing stubborn bacteria responsible for infections like MRSA that are known for being hard to treat.
Aiding cancer treatment*
- CBG may have the ability to reduce the growth of cancer cells.
Acting as an appetite stimulant*
- For people who suffer from HIV or cancer and are plagued with appetite loss, this can be especially beneficial.
There are a few good ways to incorporate CBG into your everyday life, but right now, the most convenient is probably through broad spectrum CBG softgels. In ICHOR’s case, we offer CBD + CBG Softgels. These easy-to-swallow tablets give you the positive effects of both CBD and CBG, like their name suggests, and fit seamlessly into even the busiest lifestyle.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. ICHOR products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.